- The Specialized Analytics Sr. Mgr accomplishes results through the management of professional team(s) and department(s).
- Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Contributes to standards around which others will operate.
- Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function.
- Requires basic commercial awareness. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers.
- Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of end results of an area. May have responsibility for planning, budgeting and policy formulation within area of expertise.
- Involved in short-term planning resource planning. Full management responsibility of a team, which may include management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations and may include budget approval.
- Bachelors/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience
- Financial/Business Analysis and/or credit/risk analysis with ability to impact key business drivers via a disciplined analytic process
- Provide analytic thought leadership
- Manage project planning effectively
- In-depth understanding of the various financial service business models, expert knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and how to apply the techniques to drive substantial business results
- Creative problem solving skills
SAS, Modelling, Cards, Risk Analytics, Predictive
- Develops, enhances, and validates the methods of measuring and analyzing risk, for all risk types including market, credit and operational. Also, may develop, validate and strategize uses of scoring models and scoring model related policies.
- Supports the design, development, delivery and maintenance of best-in-class Risk programs, policies and practices for Risk Management.
- Reviews institutional or retail analytics and Models and other documents to ensure compliance with various regulatory and legal requirements.
- Identifies potential risks and escalates for further review.
- Handles preliminary investigations, assists with reconciliation procedures and prepares routine correspondence.
- Creates and maintains reports for control, tracking, and analysis purposes and ensures appropriate and secure retention of documents.
- Works with more senior staff in investigating and responding to customer and operational complaints.
- Interacts and works with other areas within Risk Management, as necessary.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.