- The Data Scientist will support our business leads, business analysts and data engineers on data, analytics and BI initiatives and will ensure the delivery of actionable and financially justifiable insight and maintenance of models at new and existing engagements.
- They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products simultaneously. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of learning about operations and working with technical and business functions to solve data driven problems.
- The hire will be responsible for developing and designing statistically predictive and prescriptive analytical models in R or Python, and drive insights through visualization (familiar with at least two: Tableau, Power BI, Sisense, Mode).
- The ideal candidate is an experienced data wrangler who enjoys working on real-world predictive analytics problems, with an understanding of at least one of the following industries: consumer goods, eCommerce, logistics or retail.
- Experience with routing algorithms, logistics, operations, supply chain functions and tools, is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of statistical modeling techniques to drive business decision-making solutions and insights, with demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Good communication skills (written and spoken) to be able to articulate the mathematics and rationale behind the use of a specific modeling techniques- linking the business goals to the analysis and modeling effort.
- Experience in Python, R programming- the ability to develop, load and manage models in cloud-based environments.
- Bachelors Degree (Graduate degree preferred) in Statistics and/or Mathematics with 3+ years of job-related experience in Data Science.
- Working knowledge and use of visualization tools to provide goal-directed information and actionable insight to business users.
- Basic understanding of financial statements and KPI to assist in the articulation of business/financial benefit (needs to be able to explain core KPIs like: Gross Margin, COGS, Inventory Turns, Throughput and their computations)
- Understand and experience in the Operations/Supply Chain area (Forecasting, Inventory Optimization, Network Optimization) etc. is a plus.
- Understanding and industrial use of ML techniques for classification, pattern recognition and deep learning (multi-layer nets) is a plus.
- A team player willing to pitch in and help with a clear focus on enhancing our client’s experience and value.
Tableau, Power BI, R or Python, ML
- Create and maintain statistical (linear/log regression, K-Means etc.) and ML (classification, pattern recognition and deep learning) models,
- Working with the technical team to provide data requirements, and have the ability to manipulate data for modeling using data wrangling tools and techniques,
- Ability to design, optimize and provide clear written and verbal explanations of models develop and the mathematics behind them,
- Work with the operation function within the consulting and client teams to understand the business drivers (and financial drivers) and incorporate them into the models to drive insight and value,
- Design and assist in the creation of reports and BI Dashboards and Reports for Clients