- BigTapp is looking for Lead Data Scientist for their Chennai location. The lead will be working closely with the CXOs and also handle clients.
- Lead Data Scientist is expected to handle a team of data engineers, data analysts and Jr Data Scientists.
- 5 to 8 years’ experience in data sciences and should have handled a team of data analysts and data scientists. Proven experience in:
- Developing actionable insights and recommendations for business leaders.
- Presenting results and recommendations to non-technical business audience to drive the decision-making process.
- Deployed data science solutions with proven business benefits.
- Should have an educational background in statistics/data sciences/actuarial sciences. PhD will be an added advantage.
- Innovative, strong analytical and algorithmic problem solvers.
- Proficiency with open source analytical tools and one or more of Data Science Platforms (AWS Sagemaker/ Azure ML/ H2O.AI etc).
- Subject Matter Expertise in effective machine learning tools and technologies including Tensorflow, Spark / Spark MLib, Flink, Mahout or any packaged cognitive solutions
- Database programming in SQL
- Proficiency with software development technologies (e.g. Python, Java)
- Excellent critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present your beliefs clearly and compellingly verbally and in written form.
- Domain expertise in any one or more of the following domains: Insurance, Banking, Manufacturing, Retail & FMCG.
- Experience and familiarity with common business use cases of analytics.
Good To Have:
- Experience with big data tools (e.g., Hadoop, HDFS, Cassandra, Storm)
- Programming in NOSQL environments.
- Experience at data visualization and presentation using tools like Tableau, Qlik Sense & Power BI.
- Expertise in unstructured analytics: NLP, Computer Vision and Audio Analytics.
- Expertise in web scraping.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and demonstrated competence.
- Lead & mentor the data analysts and data scientists to achieve business goals of BigTapp and its customers.
- Responsible for leading the development, validation and delivery of algorithms, statistical models and business analysis
- Develops algorithms and statistical predictive models and determines analytical approaches and modeling techniques to evaluate scenarios and potential future outcomes
- Lead and coach Data Science team members with latest machine learning algorithms including decision trees, probability networks, association rules, clustering, regression, and neural networks
- Performs analyses of structured and unstructured data to solve multiple and/or complex business problems utilizing advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses and broad knowledge of the organization and/or industry
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analysis, model development, model validation, model implementation and model ops.
- Provide thought-leadership and dependable execution on diverse projects.
- Identify emergent trends and opportunities for future client growth and development