Position of Engineering Project Manager for AI/Analytics Engineering will be expected to lead and manage the technology projects across multiple client AI/BigData engagements. This will include developing deep client relationships, and managing a team of technology professionals to deliver insights at scale to our clients. The Engineering Project Manager will be expected to build a strong personal & Fractal brand.
10+ years of consulting and implementation experience in designing technological solutions to complex data problems, developing & testing modular, reusable, efficient and scalable code to implement those solutions.
- Preferably M.S./M.Tech. degree in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge of variety and advanced architecture, tools and concepts across all layers of the modern distributed technology stack (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Cassandra, MongoDB and similar)
- Knowledge and experience in cloud architectures and cloud tools (Azure/GCP/AWS)
- Knowledge and experience of deploying and maintaining large scale advanced systems in production environments
- Ability to independently manage client engagements from start to finish, delivering actionable insight within established timelines and budget.
- Demonstrated ability in driving business impact through the application of technology and data science. Understanding and leveraging the connection between data structures, analytical methods, and business applications.
- Experience working in a consultative capacity (internal or external) and across the sales-to-project closure process.
- Strong analytical thinking skills. Ability to creatively solve business problems, innovating new approaches where required.
- Strong organizational awareness and the ability to work effectively at multiple levels within an organization. Equally comfortable in discussing technical/analytical details with technical thought leaders as explaining technical subject matter with a non-technical audience, in particular, high-level executives.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills & must have excellent project management skills and have experience managing multiple work streams and projects at one time.
- Building – and, when necessary, rebuilding -- and leading high performance teams. Proven track record of identifying and developing technology talent and leading a team of high-performance personnel.
Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, MongoDB, Azure/GCP/AWS
- Drive excellent project management required to deliver complex projects, including effort/time estimation, building detailed WBS, managing critical path, and using PM tools and platforms
- Be proactive, with full ownership of the engagement. Build scalable client engagement level processes for faster turnaround & higher accuracy
- Define Technology/BigData strategy and roadmap for client accounts, and guides implementation of that strategy within projects
- Run regular project reviews and audits to ensure that projects are being executed within the guardrails agreed by all stakeholders
- Manage the team-members, to ensure that the project plan is being adhered to over the course of the project
- Manage the client stakeholders, and their expectations, with a regular cadence of weekly meetings and status updates.
- Define the end to end solution architecture for large scale technology projects
- Deep technical expertise in distributed processing, real-time and scalable systems
- Deep expertise in building large scalable production systems
- Solve business problems using technology; apply first principles to bring technology solutions for business problems
- Build a trusted advisor relationship with the IT management at clients and internal accounts leadership.
- Communicate with impact – presents point of view clearly, is prescriptive in recommendations & defends points of view with the right set of reasons
- Build high performing and collaborative teams – Has clear followership and actively owns the team’s career growth & performance.
- Define and mentor technology roles needed across client teams and within larger organization
- Build business case for technological investments to be made for future needs and to remain competitive
- Ensure that billing and utilization of team members is maximized throughout the year